760-934-4558 760-934-4558

California Land Use Attorneys

Liebersbach, Carney & Reed has 22 years of experience working with property owners and developers on matters involving land use and zoning. The firm also represents property owners, developers, community organizations and neighborhood associations before Town Boards, Planning Boards and Zoning Boards of Appeal. The firm assists clients in a wide range of matters such as:

  • Special use permits
  • Area variances
  • Use variances
  • Building permits
  • Environmental permits
  • Subdivision approvals
  • Water district extensions
  • Sewer district extensions
  • Zoning enforcement
  • Environmental regulations

The attorneys at Liebersbach, Carney & Reed have assisted clients on issues related to development and use of riverfront or lakefront property and property located in the Adirondacks. They also have handled issues under the California’s State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) and various state and federal environmental laws.

Land use litigation
Real property, due to its intrinsic value and the fact that it is subject to governmental regulation, is often the subject of disputes. These disputes have multiplied over time as the nation’s population has grown, and this will continue to be the case as property becomes more scarce and developmental and regulatory pressures increase.

Smart legal assistance
The firm’s attorneys are knowledgeable and experienced lawyers who advise individuals and municipalities about the legal aspects of land use development and regulation. If you are currently involved in a land use matter, contact Liebersbach, Carney & Reed for assistance with:

  • Zoning and rezoning requests
  • Zoning enforcement
  • Flood plain issues
  • Involuntary and voluntary annexations
  • Conditional use permits
  • Special use permits
  • Mixed-use projects
  • Subdivision plots
  • Variances
  • Annexation appeals
  • Setbacks
  • Boundary disputes
  • Zoning and subdivision ordinances
  • Appearances before local public bodies and appeals of their decisions
  • Administrative appeals

Quasi-judicial hearings
Liebersbach, Carney & Reed will assist and represent you if you have to appear before a planning board or a board of commissioners to present your land use development application. If you have variance issues or are making an administrative appeal, you should have legal representation when appearing before a board of adjustment. You may also want the firm’s attorneys’ assistance in seeking approval of preliminary and final subdivision plats and rezoning requests.

Concerning forced annexation, the firm’s attorneys have represented individual landowners across the state who have successfully sued their respective cities and towns to stop properties from being annexed. Whatever the land use dispute, Liebersbach, Carney & Reed has dealt with it and has often represented and argued both sides of the issue.

Contact a California law firm today
Call Liebersbach, Carney & Reed today at 760-934-4558 or contact the firm online to schedule a consultation.